Information in English
The non-profit association “Frauen helfen Frauen e.V. Tübingen” offers guidance, advice and shelter for women and children who are survivors of domestic violence.
If you have experienced physical, social, psychological, financial and/or sexual violence, feel free to contact us. Our services are free of charge, confidential and anonymous.
Signs of domestic violence
- Have you been insulted, ridiculed, laughed at or humiliated?
- Have you been beaten, bitten, choked or physically abused?
- Do you have to ask for an allowance or justify every cent you spend?
- Have you been forced into marriage against your will?
- Are you experiencing threats from your husband or wife, your partner or your family, if you do not obey their commands?
All this and much more is a sign of domestic violence.
Nobody has the right to treat you like that.
Signs of sexualized violence
- Have you been forced or persuaded by someone to have sex with them?
- Has any part of your body been touched or groped against your will?
- Have you been harassed by a coworker or a superior?
- Are you a survivor of child sexual abuse?
- Have you been raped and forgotten all the details? Did somebody slip you knockout drops or drugs?
All this and much more is a sign of sexualized violence.
Nobody has the right to treat you like that.
How we advise
You can either make an appointment and visit us at Weberstr. 8 in Tübingen, or you can choose another place that’s more convenient for you. You can also reach us by phone or through | lain, our safe and anonymous online chat tool.
Languages & interpreting
Our staff is fluent in German, English and French. If you need a translator for other languages, including Sign Language, we will provide one for you. All you need to do is write us an email and tell us which languages you can speak as well as how we can get back to you.
If you choose to use | lain our online chat tool, you will be able to write us an email via a secured channel or make an appointment for an online chat session with one of our counsellors. All you need to do is register online. Please note: the registration form is only available in German and only for women living in the city and county of Tübingen.
In case of emergency
If you are in imminent danger
- Take your phone and lock yourself (and your children) in a room or leave your apartment. Try to get help from your neighbors.
- Call Police: emergency number 110. The Police will escort the offender out of the apartment or help you (and your children) to safety. You don’t have to file a report with Police if you don’t want to.
- You (and your children) can find shelter in a women’s safe house. We can arrange for you to find a suitable location out of harm‘s way. Just contact us.
Note: If somebody monitors your internet activities. If you’re afraid that somebody might find out you visited this site:
- Close this site and delete your browser’s cache: menu > settings > security/ privacy > delete browser data
- Open a new window in private mode and reload our website, so our page will not appear on your browser’s history: menu > new private window/incognito mode
- If somebody approaches while you visit our site, click the purple exit-button on the top right site of your screen! You will be directed to a search engine and be able to pretend to do a search.
You have blacked out or can’t remember the last couple of hours and fear being slipped drugs in your drink?
Most date rape drugs are colorless and cannot be tasted or smelled in food or drinks. About 10 to 20 minutes after ingesting you might start to feel dizzy and nauseous. You will typically not remember anything. If you suspect being drugged, call Police at 110 or Emergency Services at 112. You should visit a doctor or hospital as soon as possible, as most drugs will be undetectable in the bloodstream after 12-14 hours. Call us at AGIT Frauen* if you need assistance.
After being raped or sexually assaulted you should visit the emergency room at the Universitäts Frauenklinik (gynecological clinic) at Calwer Straße 7, 72076 Tübingen. There you will be able to get the morning after pill.
There are different ways of what you can do:
- You can also choose for the doctors to collect evidence, without involving police. This is helpful if you might decide at a later time to press charges against the rapist, as the clinic will keep the evidence for at least a year. All of these services will be provided free of charge.
- If you decide to file a report with police, we will help you every step of the way.
- Note: nobody can make you file a report with police, it is your right to decide what to do! And if you choose not to press charges, you may do so.
How to get help
in case of domestic violence
We will help you on your way to a life free from violence.
Beratungsstelle Häusliche Gewalt Tel. (07071) 26457
You may call us
in case of sexualized violence
Whether or not the assault occurred recently or when you were a child, we can help you cope with the aftermath or the impact of the assault. If you want to talk to our counselors call AGIT, the Anlaufstelle Sexualisierte Gewalt. Tel. (07071) 79 111 00
You can reach us by phone
About Frauen helfen Frauen e.V. Tübingen
Autonomes Frauenhaus – self-governed safe house for women: we offer shelter and protection for women and their children in case of domestic violence.
Beratungsstelle Häusliche Gewalt – counseling for survivors of domestic violence: guidance and assistance for women* affected by emotional or physical violence, stalking or (pending) forced marriage.
Interventionsstelle Häusliche Gewalt – domestic violence intervention center: guidance and assistance for women* after involving the police in cases of domestic violence as well as after getting the spouse evicted.
Anlaufstelle Sexualisierte Gewalt – counseling for survivors of sexualized violence for women*: Counseling for women*, who have been sexual harassed, assaulted or raped, now or in their childhood/ youth.
We are located at Frauen*Projekte Zentrum, Weberstraße 8, 72070 Tübingen.